ALARM WITH DETECTOR MAT WETBELL
Bedwetting alarm with so-called detector mat (bed pad) is a proven and common method. The alarm mat consists of a moisture-sensitive plastic pad. This is fixed with elastic straps under a sheet on the bed and connected to a signal box apart from the bed. When liquid comes in contact with the pad the signal box makes a sound that awakens the sleeping child.
A standard package includes: 1 x bed mat alarm, 1 x signal box. Batteries are included.
Alarm mat and signal box can be purchased separately. A fixating sheet is recommended to attach over the alarm.
Manufacture in Sweden.
- Easy, well established treatment method.
- The child doesn’t need to attach any alarm on its body and does not need to sleep with a pyjamas/night dress.
- The alarm’s sensitivity can be tuned in so it doesn’t alarm to moisture from skin heating and sweating.
- Loud signal that awakens the child.
- Lamp is lightening when the alarm sounds in order find the alarm box in the darkness.
- Plastic pad that is easy to wipe off, clean and use again.
- Straps attaches the alarm firmly to the mattress or bed.
- Fixating sheets can be placed over the bed mat to keep it in place and makes it comfortable to sleep on.
HOW TO USE THE ALARM
- Make the bed with a mattress protection sheet, for example a terry cloth.
- The plastic bed mat (detector mat) is placed over the terry cloth where the pee could come.
- The mat is fixated around the mattress with elastic straps.
- The alarm box is connected to the bed mat.
- Fixate a sheet over the bed mat so it remains stable together with the wire.
- The signal box should be placed apart from the bed so the child must get out of the bed and switch it off.